Saturday, November 20, 2010

How can I hook this Ford distributor up?

I have a 1930 Model A hotrod with an older 302. This 302 has a points distributor and I want to change it over to an electronic ignition. Someone gave me an electronic distributor with this module in it ( E3EF-12A297-A1A 6-wires ) and told me it could be easily hooked up. I do not have the module that mounts on the fender.How can I hook this Ford distributor up?
I would recommend getting a MSD 6A and matching coil. They are easily hooked up, (instructions included) will fire off the Ford distributor and will give a heck of a spark. If I remember there are a few ignitions control boxes, you want the one for cars. Last time I bought on they were under 30 bucks. If you don't have the plugs it will make your job harder. You wont need them with the MSD. That will set you back around $200 but is well worth it. Good luck.How can I hook this Ford distributor up?
you would be better going aftermarket for the distributor since you aren't going to use the other parts of the computer controlled dist on the car. If you put that on, you won't be able to control advance for sure, so it would run like a dog.......

No comments:

Post a Comment