Wednesday, November 17, 2010

JDM F22B Bad gas mileage?

Alcon

I've a 1993 Honda Prelude 4SW SI that came w/a H23 and automatic transmission. I blew the engine and swapped in a F22B DOHC JDM engine. The problem I have is that the car gets very bad gas mileage about 15MPG. I thought it might be because I didn't have the knock sensor hooked up. But then I JB weld a nut to a blank hole above the oil filter and installed the knock sensor and I'm still getting very poor gas mileage. Any suggestions on what the problem might be or how to improve the mpg? Do I need to change to a JDM EMC? What is the correct model JDM EMC that fits the vehicle?



PS of course I replaced all the plugs and wires. I didn't change the distributor.JDM F22B Bad gas mileage?
Yo did you change the ECU if not then the computer might sill think it's a H23 engine and runs the same way and thus taking up alot of gas.JDM F22B Bad gas mileage?
clean the fuel injectors and have you had it tuned up and is the ecu for that engine?

No comments:

Post a Comment