Monday, November 22, 2010

What exactly does this stock market crisis mean for me?

We rent, have no retirement or investments, hubby is a salesman for a local beer distributor, we have a checking and modest savings account through a credit union. I have one low limit credit card. How will this mess affect us? Are we looking at a serious change in lifestyle? Hubby feels his job is very secure because he's the best at what he does but everyone seems to be panicking and I am clueless about this stuff. What exactly does this stock market crisis mean for me?
Since you have no retirement plan or investments, you'll probably only be affected through the employment end of things. For instance, some companies run on credit, and may fold if the credit situation doesn't improve. I doubt that the beer business is in that category, so all-in-all you're fairly bulletproof. What exactly does this stock market crisis mean for me?
It may not hurt you at all. I like the old saying, the difference between a recession and a depression; a recession is when you know someone who lost thier job, a depression is when you lose your job.

The stock market is going to hurt people who work for banks, financial institutions, publicly traded companies, companies that require a lot of financing. If enough people lose thier jobs, it will push things to get worse, more forclosures, more bank failures, more job losses...




It gets me into thinking that I should close my back account and stuff my fortune somewhere in my house. The days of tribulation have finally come. Not religious here and not saying that the Bible (or any other holy books) is correct...but I can say that something bad is going to happen if we don't solve this big problem.
Sounds like you and hubby are safe. All Americans should buy stock in toilet paper companies 'cause there's a lot of people crappin' themselves right now as well on crappin' on each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment