Monday, November 22, 2010

Becoming a Slumber Parties Distributor Questions/Feedback!?

I am seriously considering becoming a Slumber Parties distributor in the MD area. However, before I jump into a (part-time) career change, I would like some honest feedback from people that are currently distributors or have been in the past.



Here are some questions that I have:

1. What is this company like to work with?

2. How demanding is the ';party schedule';?

3. How does the pay scale work?

4. How do I get started?

5. Are there other fees that you must shell out for not listed on their website?

6. Any other info you think I need to know, or at least your experiences (good OR BAD) working with Slumber Parties!



Thanks, Everyone, in advance!Becoming a Slumber Parties Distributor Questions/Feedback!?
I could probably type pages and pages on how great it is to be a slumber parties distributor but I will take the short cut and reply Directly question by question with short answers





1. What is this company like to work with? I love it, just love it. I can’t say anything bad about it. Love the products, love the free training, the support, etc.



2. How demanding is the ';party schedule';? Just like any other business, you have to work it. Start with friends and relatives and slowly grow your contact list. I never do “cold calls”, it’s more like giving out my business card every time I can.



3. How does the pay scale work? You truly are your own business manager. You buy products at a discount price and sell. The more you sell….



4. How do I get started? We have starter kits and your “up lines” are right behind you on every step. All you need is time and dedication just like any other job, the difference is that this one is fun and you are in charge of your own raise!



5. Are there other fees that you must shell out for not listed on their website? Nope, no fees, just need to stay in a minimum of $ sales for 2 consecutive month ( and that amount is just ridiculously low, you can make it in one slow party!



6. Any other info you think I need to know, or at least your experiences (good OR BAD) working with Slumber Parties! Again, don’t expect easy money but it is fun and you can truly go at our own speed. From seven parties a week to one party a month. The more time you can spend on your business, the higher the income.



Let me know if you need any more in depth responses, you can check my site for more info. www.slumberpartiesbysheila.comBecoming a Slumber Parties Distributor Questions/Feedback!?
Hello!

I was actually a Slumber Parties Distributor on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and I have a different experience from the one before mine.

1. they do NOT care about their Representatives when you need support or assistance. I achieved the level to receive a free love swing when you have a qualifying order b/c their website was not working. I took the initiative to contact the corporate offices at no avail until only after the qualifying date. I than sent an e-mail with all the previous correspondances and that b/c this was their mistake they should stand behind it. I was told they were not going to make any exceptions.

2. The party schedule is what you want it to be. If you can actually people to feel comfortable enough to have a party it can be demanding but a lot of people are afraid to go through with it. You will have a good amount of cancellations.

3. You pay yourself based on what you sell... the pay scale is reasonable

4. You need to pay $250 for a starter kit and no that will not cover everything you will need.. you will undoubtedly be paying out of pocket for many more products to have on display.

5. see above + shipping!!

6. I work with Avon now and I love it... only $10 to get started and NO product inventory and no fear of approaching people because you will get funny looks! It beats paying $250 for a kit with no support. At least Avon has a District Sales Manager right in your back yard to support you!

Either way god luck, I just though it important to share this with you b/c I had a BAD experience and no one willing to help me. I'd prefer to know what I'm getting into before you pay all that money.
I actually sell pampered chef.... but here's my answers to YOUR question. Sort of.

Everybody needs something.

Most of these businesses like this require work.

If you work hard, you make money, and you have to sell so much every so many months to stay active.

I LOVE the slumber party stuff (I'm hosting a party saturday for a friend.)

If you enjoy it, go for it.

And if it doesn't end up working out... you still got a lot of fun stuff at discount price.

But I bet you'll do great if you work at it.

(and talk to the person who answered above me, she probably had TONS of tips that you'll need.)

No comments:

Post a Comment