Saturday, November 20, 2010

93 Honda civic Si does not fire?

Hi I need help. I had this problem 3 times earlier. For example one time when I stopped the car to fill gas, I did not fire. I waited for 2-3 minutes and it started. This thing happened on two more occassions.

Then one month back, it did not start at all. I had to get it towed to a workshop. The mechanic changed my distributor and it started. But it had same problem after one day. Next time he changed its ignition coil and it started again and ran for 3 days and then again did not start.

Every time this problem has come only after it has has been stopped after some driving and would not atart again.

I do not know how much more I can spend on it and else where to get help.

93 Honda civic Si does not fire?
there is a main relay on that car that controls the fuel injection and spark. chances are the relay is going open circuit and causeing the no start condition. The main relay problems were very common on honda's from 1990-1993 though more common on the Accord they do happen on the civic as well. If you are losing spark as seems to be the case based on what the mechanic had done in the past then the main relay is probably why.



hope that helps93 Honda civic Si does not fire?
check the alternator

No comments:

Post a Comment