Wednesday, November 17, 2010

1995 ford mustang How does a hall effect sys pick up it's signal inside my distributor?

My 95 ford mustang distributor was changed about 2yrs ago.For a burnt wire found inside the dist.Car ran good.resently the car has had trouble starting.I found that the stator/hall effect sys.was not sending a signal to the coil so it could fire.I spread the stator blades out so they could pick up a signal.The car starts every time now.But it is haveing a hard time idleing.why? Has my distributor gone bad after two years.1995 ford mustang How does a hall effect sys pick up it's signal inside my distributor?
You did not mention what size engine you have.If you have the 5.0 and you replaced your distributor with an aftermaket replacement remove your distributor and check your drive gear. The gear was most likely cast and worn out due the the steel cam gear. If so just buy the proper gear and replace the old one with it. Hope this helps.1995 ford mustang How does a hall effect sys pick up it's signal inside my distributor?
The Hall effect pick up signals are produced by the varying hall current depending on the magnetic field present. The blades merely shield the field producing the signal drop and triggering the spark from an amplified ground signal to the coil. It's a solid state device and rarely gives problems - I would be more inclined to look at the associated wiring and connectors or ignition module.
  • fish
  • better african name
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment