Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How long can my toyota last?

this toyota camry was made in 1993, almost 13, 000 miles. i didn't know that it now only worth less than about $1200. and i just spent almost $500 on changing its distributor.



so i wonder how long it will last, because it was running pretty smooth.



could anything else stop working in the future? now i am kinda of afraid to drive it on the highway now, what if it stops working again?How long can my toyota last?
I operate a fleet of Toyota's. Mostly Matrix, but had a few Sienna's, Tundra's, Corolla's and Camry's. I routinely take these vehicles to 300,000 miles and still get a nice trade-in! I have to put tires on them (imagine that!) and change the oil very 5k. I get 150-200K out of the iridium plugs, the same for front brake pads. Unless we have accidents, like hiting deer...no other repairs!How long can my toyota last?
It will last forever. Just keep up on your maintenance. (oil, filters, plugs, etc.)
It is hard to say and that is because there are so many variables.

Since you have had it do you take care of it. When it needs some thing done, do you have it fixed. Do you do regular maintenance on it when it needed.
It is my experience that if you keep the oil changed and the engine tuned,, the car will last for just about as long as you want it to. I have a 1994 toyota truck with 390000 miles which is going strong. I had a toyota station wagon back fin the day that I drunkenly ran ito the Gulf of Mexico. After it was towed out, dried out, and cleaned out, it ran for another 50000 miles before I started having trouble with it which was caused by neglect rather than corrosion.
If you stay up on your maintenance then the car will last a long time. If it only has 130k on it, that is the break in for the engine, so most say. I have had 7 toyotas and 6 of them had 175k-280k miles on them and ran like a champ. There could be some things happen to the car, but that is any vehicle, just toyotas usually run to 200k before anything happens to it. See when the timing belt/chain was replaced last and that will save you in the long haul because if it breaks then you are out of luck; depending on how you are driving. My current toyotas have 80k, 197k and 223k miles on them and i havent done anything but routine maintenance on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment