Monday, November 22, 2010

How can i tell if my car DOESNT have a distributor ?

I have a 1999 chevy malibu with 3.1 litre



I changed the head gasket now im ready to crank it up, I just dont know if i should have put it in TDC and check timing, I know i dont have to if i dont have a distributor, but how can I tell exactly?



It has spark plug wiresHow can i tell if my car DOESNT have a distributor ?
Simply look where the spark plugs go from the spark plugs! In your case the plug wires enter a common ignition coil with six terminals. You have what is known as a distributor-less engine. ';Slap the wires on the plugs and fire it up.



There's no cam to time because it's still in the block.How can i tell if my car DOESNT have a distributor ?
99 malibu does not have a distributor, it has an electric ignition coil.
Open the hood and look at the top of the engine. If you see an air cleaner on top of a carburetor, then you have a distributor. If instead, you see a large metal looking device and no air cleaner on top, it has a fuel injection system.
Did you take a distributor off the car when you changed the head gasket?

No comments:

Post a Comment