Monday, November 22, 2010

Rev limiter acting up?

I have a 88 nissan I just bought to drive to school back and forth and parked my jeep. When I first drive it to school nothing happens, but when I get out of school thats when it happens. The car won't go over 2500 rpms. It does it through all the gears, and it won't go over 55. Its a consistant missing out, and at first I thought it had something to do with fuel flow. So I changed the fuel filter, distributor cap, and spark plugs and wires. It is a 1.6L 4 cylinder and its fuel injected, 5 speed. Any suggestions? and if it is the rev limiter, how do I go about fixing it?Rev limiter acting up?
It is deff not your rev limiter. Im going to school for Mechanic right now. Have 1 year left anyways. Id say check the MAP sensor.

No comments:

Post a Comment