Monday, June 6, 2011

Small block chevy oil pressure sender?

I'm putting a used ZZ4 engine into my 81 K5 Blazer and have the following issue. The tap on the side of the distributor for the oil pressure sender has some sort of brass plug I can't remove. I put a hole in it with a screwdriver in trying to turn it but quickly stopped since I was worried about getting brass in the crankcase and the plug was not turning. Any one have suggestions on how to remove it?



I also thought about sealing that tap and using a newer style oil pressure sender/switch which goes above the oil filter. Will it work with my gauge if I just change the plug? Thanks in advance.Small block chevy oil pressure sender?
my answer is try to check it out first on auto repair shop..,Small block chevy oil pressure sender?
yes you can tap in any where there is a pressure port at for either pressure or temp of oil my oil temp guage is hooked into the pressue port above the oil filter and works just fine

No comments:

Post a Comment