Monday, June 6, 2011

92 s10 Blazer 4x4 timing...? 262 vin code W?

I took my car in to Tunex today, although it seems that all they did was charge me $90 to change my spark plugs, I would like to verify they timed it correctly. I have a timing light (induction) and I have marked the guage to see it. My question is where do I disable the advance (EST bypass) Stupid haynes manual just states I should follow the tag under the hood, and the tag says to put the EST in bypass mode..... How would I do this. I tried disconnecting each (seperately) the plugs on the distributor, but it wouldnt start. It has 2 for the module, and one lower (dont know what that is, but it ran the same without it) Right now, it is idling at about 12 deg. BTDC, but the tag states it should be 0 (TDC)92 s10 Blazer 4x4 timing...? 262 vin code W?
There should be a tan wire with a black tracer (stripe) under the dash on the pass. side near the heater box. That will put the timing in bypass mode.92 s10 Blazer 4x4 timing...? 262 vin code W?
Look for a black/orange stripe wire. Unplug.



- - -

No comments:

Post a Comment