Monday, June 6, 2011

Aren't we already paying for the uninsured?

If we require insurance and have to pay for it for them, then aren't we also additional adding the admin cost and profits of the private insurance companies? IF you say they can afford the insurance then they are certainly are not able to stiff the hospital.

If the uninsured are already paying most of their own bills with the exception of catastrophic care, then aren't we going to lose those revenues from the heath care system.

If someone has insurance and can go to the local clinic then don't they go there to lower the bill by 90%. IF they don't care about the cost then that means they won't have the ability to pay or they are illegal. No change there, except now you have the profit company in the loop.



Okay you are angry, but don't you realize that your insurance cost will go up as a result. We are already paying all of the costs that we will pay anyways, but now you want to put a for profit distributor in the equation.



Please tell me how that creates savings?Aren't we already paying for the uninsured?
Please don't talk sense on YA..it hurts peoples' brains to think.Aren't we already paying for the uninsured?
And that us why the Public Option has to be in the equation, gives the benefits of lower cost at the primary care level and less costs at the ER level, and the benefits of increasing the size and range of the risk pool, without the for profit distributor in the equation.
yes its called medicaid
The public option is insurance that is offered by the government to people ,at an affordable rate, who don't have insurance. It will not make insurance rates go up. Instead it will make insurance rates go down. It is called competition. The insurance companies will be forced to start offering programs and rates comparable to what the government is offering. Without the public option they have no incentive to do anything.



My current situation is that I have had a heart attack and I am covered by insurance. However, if I need an operation, let's say a heart bypass, what stops my insurance company from denying that operation? What do I do then? Do I not get the operation or do I hock my house and everything I own? If I do the latter then I am homeless, elderly and destitute. At this time in my life I am not yet eligible for Medicare. So, you tell me who pays?
Yes we are. And it's a lousy system. That's why we need a health care plan that all will participate in.
Only after one or a family has liquidated most or all of their assets.



half of all bankruptcies are due to medical bills and half of those had medical insurance that ran out.

No comments:

Post a Comment